4-83. ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
TM or Para
Tool kit, general mechanics: automotive
Left engine door open.
General Safety Instructions
If engine has recently been in operation, allow
time for cooling before performing procedure.
(1) Remove nut (l), lockwasher (2), washer (3),
wire (4), and oil pressure switch (5) from
elbow pipe (6). Discard lockwasher.
(2) If damaged, remove elbow pipe (6) from
engine block (7).
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-45163 can damage
your eyes. Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes. If
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention.
(1) If removed, apply thread locking compound
to threads of elbow pipe (6) and install
elbow pipe on engine block (7).
(2) Install oil pressure switch (5) on elbow
pipe (6). Tighten switch 144 lb-in (16 N·m).
(3) Install wire (4) washer (3), lockwasher (2),
and nut (1) on oil pressure switch (5).
Follow-on maintenance: Close left engine
END OF TASK