(1) Clean housing and thermostat by flushing with water. Dry with cloth.
(2) Inspect vent notch on the lip of thermostat for rust and corrosion. If notch is not open or damaged,
(3) Inspect housing for corrosion and cracks. Replace if damaged.
(4) Inspect operation by placing thermostat in container of water on temperature controlled heater.
Thermostat should open at 181°F (83°C) and fully open at 203°F (95°C). If thermostat fails inspection,
(1) Install thermostat (9) in housing (5).
(2) Install gasket (8) in cylinder head (7) with
recess toward housing (5).
Adhesive sealant causes immediate
bonding on contact with eyes, skin, or
clothing and also gives off harmful vapors.
Wear protective goggles and use in well-
ventilated area. If adhesive gets in eyes, try
to keep eyes open; flush eyes with water for
15 minutes and get immediate medical
(3) Apply sealant to cylinder head (7) and
(4) Install lifting bracket (6) and housing (5)
with three screws (3 and 4). Tighten screws
216 lb-in (24 N.m).
(5) Install hose (2) and clamp (1).
END OF TASK