Fuel sediment bowl is replaced as an
assembly. Do not lose any components
when disassembling the fuel sediment
(1) Loosen thumb wheel (1), unlatch wire
holder (2), and remove bowl (3).
(2) Remove wire holder (2).
(3) Remove seal (4) and sediment filter (5) from
sediment head (6).
Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat of flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flash point for type I
and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
drycleaning solvent is 100°F
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective
chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
(1) Flush sediment head with drycleaning solvent and dry with compressed air.
(2) Clean inside bowl with drycleaning solvent and dry with lint-free cloth.
(3) Inspect bowl for cracks and chips.
(4) Inspect sediment head for cracks and rust.
Diesel fuel is flammable. Do not perform this procedure near fire, flame, or sparks. Injury or death to
personnel could result.
(5) Rinse seal and sediment filter with diesel fuel.
(6) Replace all damaged parts.