Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat of flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flash point for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100oF (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Clean gasket and sealant material from manifold cover and cylinder head using scraper, cloth, and
(2) Inspect manifold cover for cracks and wear.
(3) Replace cover if damaged.
(1) Install gasket (5) and manifold cover (4) on cylinder head (6).
Sealant causes immediate bonding on contact with eyes, skin, or clothing and also gives harmful vapors,
Wear protective goggles and use in well-ventilated area. If sealant gets in eyes, try to keep eyes open;
flush eyes with water for 15 minutes and get immediate medical attention.
Three screws will be installed with fuel line brackets.
Valve covers removed for clarity.
(2) Coat threads of 11 screws (3) with pipe thread sealing compound and install screws. Tighten screws
216 lb-in (24 N·m).
(3) Install inlet connection (2) on manifold cover (4). Tighten clamp (1) 72 lb-in (8 N·m).
END OF TASK