4-45. AIR INLET PIPE REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
General Safety Instructions
Tool kit, general mechanic's: automotive
If engine has previously been in operation, use
caution in performing procedure. Engine block
retains extreme heat in operation.
TM or Para
Left and right engine
(1) Loosen four clamps (1) and remove intake
pipe assembly (2) from manifold cover (3)
and turbocharger (4).
(2) Remove two hoses (5 and 6) from pipe (2).
(1) Connect two hoses (6 and 5) on pipe (2).
(2) Install two clamps (1) on hose (6) and
connect hose to turbocharger (4).
(3) Install two clamps (1) on hose (5) and
connect hose to manifold cover (3). Tighten
four clamps 72 lb-in (8 N·m).
Follow-on maintenance: Close left and
END OF TASK