4-41. SHUTDOWN SOLENOID REPLACEMENT.
This task covers:
TM or Para
Tool kit, general mechanics: automotive
Left engine door open.
General Safety Instructions
If engine has recently been in operation, use
caution in performing procedure.
(1) Tag, mark, and disconnect positive wire (1)
from terminal lug (2).
(2) Remove nut (3), washer (4) and terminal
Use caution when removing solenoid.
Plunger and spring at solenoid end can fall
off into pump.
(3) Remove shutdown solenoid (5) and
preformed packing (6) from fuel injection
pump (7). Discard preformed packing.
(1) Install preformed packing (6) and shutdown
solenoid (5) on injection pump (7). Tighten
solenoid 32 lb-ft (43 N·m).
(2) Install terminal lug (2) with washer (4) and
(3) Connect positive wire (1) on terminal
Follow-on Maintenance: Close left engine
END OF TASK