Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes, and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat or flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flashpoint for type I
drycleaning solvent is 100°F (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes must not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only with effective
chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield, gloves, etc).
(1) Clean lift pump in drycleaning solvent. Dry with compressed air.
(2) Check camshaft lever and return spring for obviously excessive wear. If damaged, replace lift
(3) Check diaphragm by blocking fuel inlet and pressing lever. If lifting pump bleeds down, replace
(1) Install gasket (5) and lift pump (4) on
cylinder block (6) with two screws (3).
Tighten screws 216 lb-in (24 N·m).
(2) Coat threads of elbow (7) with pipe thread
sealant and install in lift pump (4).
(3) Connect fuel line (1). Tighten fuel line 216
lb-in (24 N·m).
(4) Connect fuel hose (2).
END OF TASK