Drycleaning solvent (P-D-680) is TOXIC and flammable. Wear protective goggles and gloves; use
only in a well-ventilated area; avoid contact with skin, eyes, and clothes and do not breathe vapors.
Keep away from heat of flame. Never smoke when using solvent; the flash point for type I
drycleaning solvent is l00oF (38°C) and for type II is 140°F (60°C). Failure to do so may result in
injury or death to personnel.
If personnel become dizzy while using cleaning solvent, immediately get fresh air and medical help.
If solvent contacts skin or clothes, flush with cold water. If solvent contacts eyes, immediately flush
eyes with water and get immediate medical attention.
(1) Flush drain connection and supply line with drycleaning solvent.
(2) Wipe off oil, debris, and gasket material from drain connection, drain tube, supply line, and turbocharger.
(3) Inspect oil supply line, oil drain tube and connection, and hose for holes, cracks, and deterioration.
(4) Replace all damaged parts.
Adhesive sealant MIL-S-46163 can damage
your eyes. Wear safety goggles/glasses
when using; avoid contact with eyes. If
sealant contacts eyes, flush eyes with water
and get immediate medical attention.
(1) If removed, apply sealant and install drain
tube (9) in engine block (10). Ensure tube is
(2) Install hose (8), two clamps (7), and drain
tube (5) on drain tube (9). Do not tighten
(3) Install gasket (6) and drain tube (5) with
two screws (4). Tighten screws 216 lb-in
(4) Tighten two clamps (7).