Post signs that read ` O SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET (15 m)" when working with open fuel, fuel
lines or fuel tanks.
Use caution when loosening intake fuel fittings. Fuel pressure is sufficient to penetrate skin and
cause severe injury.
Do not work on fuel system when engine is hot: fuel can be ignited by a hot engine.
FUEL LINES AND FITTINGS
(1) Open left and right engine doors,
(2) Check fuel lines (1) and fittings (2) for
(a) If any fuel lines or fittings leak,
tighten or replace as necessary
(b) If fuel lines and fittings do not
leak, indicates air in fuel lines.
(1) Disconnect negative battery cable
(3) Check valve clearance, (pare 4-30).
(a) Intake valves clearance must
be 0.010 in. (0.25 mm).
be 0.020 in. (0.51 mm)
(5) Connect negative battery cable