Post signs that read ` O SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET (15 m)"when working with open fuel, fuel
lines or fuel tanks.
Use caution when loosening intake fuel fittings. Fuel pressure is sufficient to penetrate skin and
cause severe injury.
Do not work on fuel system when engine is hot; fuel can be ignited by a hot engine.
FUEL LINE INSPECTION
(1) Loosen bleed screw (1).
(2) Operate lever (2) on lift pump (3) until
fuel is airfree.
(3) Tighten bleed screw (1) 72 lb-in
(8 NĚ ).
(5) Loosen six fuel line fittings on
injectors one at a time until engine
(6) Turn engine off (pare 2-10[c]).
(7) If engine still runs rough, indicates
faulty valve clearance adjustment.
(1) Disconnect negative battery cable
(a) Intake valves clearance must
be 0.010 in. (0.25 mm).
be 0.020 in. (0.51 mm).
(5) Connect negative battery cable