Post signs that read `NO SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET (15 m) when working with open fuel, fuel
liner or fuel tanks.
Use caution when loosening intake fuel fittings. Fuel pressure is sufficient to penetrate skin and
cause severe injury.
Do not work on fuel system when engine is hot; fuel can be ignited by a hot engine.
FUEL LINES AND FITTINGS
(1) Open left and right engine doors,
(2) Check fuel lines and fittings for leaks.
(a) lf any fuel lines or fittings leak,
tighten or replace as necessary
(b) If fuel lines and fittings do not
leak, indicates air in fuel lines.
FUEL LINE INSPECTION
(1) Loosen bleed screw (1).
(2) Operate lever (2) on lift pump (3) until
fuel is airfree.
(3) Tighten bleed screw (1) 72 lb-in
(a) if engine starts perform steps
5 and 6.
(b) If engine does not start
indicates faulty valve clearance
(5) Loosen six fuel line fittings (5) on
injectors (6) one at a time and tighten
securely until engine runs smoothly.