Post signs that read `NO SMOKING WITHIN 50 FEET (15 m)' when working with open fuel, fuel
lines or fuel tanks.
Use caution when loosening intake fuel fittings. Fuel pressure is sufficient to penetrate skin and
cause severe injury.
FUEL LINE INSPECTION
(1) Loosen bleed screw (1).
(2) Operate lever (2) on lift pump (3) until
fuel is free from air.
(3) Tighten bleed screw (1) 72 lb-in
(a) lf engine starts, perform steps
5 and 6.
(b) If engine does not start, indicates
(5) Loosen six fuel line fittings on
injectors one at a time until engine
runs smoothly. Tighten securely.
(1) Disconnect negative battery cable
(2) Remove turbocharger air inlet hose
from turbocharger inlet (pare 4-43).
(3) Inspect turbocharger impeller
(a) lf impeller is damaged or
restricted from turning properly,
(b) If impeller is not damaged or
operates properly, notify