3-8. AIR FILTER INSPECTION AND SERVICE.
If NBC exposure is suspected, all air filter media should be handled by personnel wearing protective
equipment. Consult your unit NBC Officer or NBC NC0 for appropriate handling or disposal
Nut used to secure air cleaner cover in place is a captive nut and remains with cover during removal.
(1) Remove cover (1).
(2) Remove wing nut (2) and air filter (3).
(1) Hold air filter (3) up to light.
(2) If light dims or cannot be seen through filter (3), replace filter.
(3) If light can be seen through filter (3), install filter.
(1) Install air filter (3) and wingnut (2).
(2) Install cover (1).