(4) Make sure engine has been operating properly before entering water.
(5) Set 2-speed lever (1) in LOW range.
(6) Slowly drive vehicle into water.
(7) Drive vehicle slowly through water.
(8) If engine stops, immediately attempt to restart it.
(9) If engine will not start, press emergency steer switch (2) and tow vehicle from water.
(10) If vehicle enters water deeper than 3.0 ft (0.9 m), do the following:
(a) Press brake pedal (3) and hold it down.
(b) Pull THROTTLE control lever (4) back to IDLE position.
(c) Push TRANSMISSION control lever (5) to reverse (REV) position.
(d) Gradually release brake pedal (3) and push THROTTLE control lever (4) forward.
(e) Slowly back vehicle out of water.
(11) After exiting water, stop vehicle.
(12) Apply and release parking brake (6) several times to remove water from parking brake components.
(13) Lightly press brake pedal (3) while driving to dry brake shoes and drums.