2-9. START-UP PROCEDURES.
a. Introduction. The following paragraphs describe the positions that the controls must be in before starting the
vehicle. Descriptions of controls called out in these procedures can be found in Table 2-1, Controls and Indicators.
b. Pre-Start Positions of Controls.
(1) Place 2-speed lever (1) and TRANSMISSION control lever (2) in neutral position.
(2) Place THROTTLE control (3) in IDLE position.
(3) Set pump speed control switch (4) to SPRAY OFF.
(4) Turn pump speed control (5) fully counterclockwise.
(5) Fasten seat belt (6) and adjust belt snug.
(6) Insert key into ignition switch (7) and turn it to right to start engine.
Hearing protection is required for operator and also for all personnel working in and around this vehicle
while vehicle is operating.
(7) Allow engine to warm-up for a few minutes; three to five minutes if engine is cold.
(8) Perform operator PMCS procedures designated During in the Interval column (Table 2-2).