f. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The following publication pertains to the Rotary Tiller Mixer and its components:
Operator's, Organizational, Direct Support and
General Support Maintenance Manual
How To Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Not Known:
(1) First. Using the Table of Contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number entry for the item number noted
on the figure.
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number Is Known:
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock Number or
Part Number. The NSN Index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence [see paragraph F-4.a(1)]. The
part numbers in the Part Number Index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see paragraph F-4.b). Both
indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you're looking for, then locate
the item number in the repair parts list for the figure.
For standard abbreviations see MIL-STD-12D, Military Standard Abbreviations for Use on Drawings,
Specifications, Standards, and in Technical Documents.
NIIN..............National Item Identification Number
(consists of the last 9 digits of the NSN)
RPSTL ..........Repair Parts and Special Tools Lists
Change 1 8