c. FSCM or CAGEC (Column 3). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) or the Commercial and
Government Entity (CAGE) Code (C) is a 5-digit alphanumeric code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor,
or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column 4). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its engineering
drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column 5). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) Physical security classification. Not Applicable.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set on Figure KIT.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materiels are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with al serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the Basis of Issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for each
special tool, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported exceeds
density spread indicated in the Basis of Issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a given
f. QTY (Column 6). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout
shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and the quantity may vary from
application to application.
5 Change 1