VARIABLE SPEED MECHANICAL GOVERNOR AND
INJECTOR RACK CONTROL ADJUSTMENT
After adjusting the exhaust valves and timing the fuel
injectors, adjust the governor and the injector rack
7. Hook the torsion retracting spring on the special
cover screw and the stop lever (Fig. 2).
Position Injector Rack Control Levers
Adjust Governor Gap
The position of the injector control rack levers must be
With the engine stopped, adjust the governor gap as
correctly set in relation to the governor.
Their position determines the amount of fuel injected
1. Disconnect any linkage attached to the governor
into each cylinder and ensures equal distribution of the
2. Remove the governor cover.
Properly positioned injector rack control levers with the
engine at full load will result in the following:
3. Place the speed control lever (Fig.1) in the maximum
Speed control lever at the maximum speed position.
4. Insert a .006" feeler gage between the spring
Stop lever in the RUN position.
plunger and the plunger guide. If required, loosen the
lock nut and turn the adjusting screw in or out until a
slight drag is noted on the feeler gage.
5. Hold the adjusting screw and tighten the lock nut.
Check the gap, and reset it, if necessary.
6. Secure the governor cover to the governor housing
with three regular screws, one special screw and lock
Fig. 2 - Positioning No. 1 injector Rack Control
Fig. 1 - Adjusting Governor Cap