regulator body, cylinder block and pump outlet pipe
Replace a fractured or pitted spring.
Assemble Oil Pressure Regulator
2. Affix a new gasket to the regulator body with the oil
passage holes in the gasket in alignment with the oil
Refer to Fig. 1 and assemble the regulator as follows:
passages in the body and secure the regulator to the
cylinder block with two bolts.
1. Apply clean engine oil to the outer surface of the
valve and slide it into the regulator body, closed end
NOTE: When attaching a new regulator be
sure the new gasket is installed so that the tab
2. Insert the spring in the valve and, while compressing
on the gasket faces the oil pump and
the spring, start the plug into the regulator body.
crankshaft drive gears (lower front cover
Tighten the plug.
3. Place a new gasket between the regulator and the
Install Oil Pressure Regulator
pump outlet pipe and connect these parts together with
1. Remove all traces of the old gasket from the