7. Clamp the pump body, drive shaft and gear
assembly in a bench vise. Pull the drivedriven gear
from the outer end of the pump drive shaft as shown
8. Remove the Woodruff key (14) from the drive shaft
and withdraw the shaft and driven gear (22) from the
9. Unscrew the bolt (86) and remove the idler gear
support (82) from the pump body.
10. If the drive gear (23) is to be replaced, position the
gear and shaft assembly on bed of arbor press with
long end of shaft extending down through slot in bed
plate and with the face of the gear resting on the
Fig. 4 - Removing Oil Pump Drive-Driven
plate as shown in Fig. 5. Place a short 1/2" round
Gear from Shaft.
steel rod on the end of the shaft, and press the shaft
from the gear.
Disassemble Oil Pump
Inspect Oil Pump Parts
Observe carefully the position of all parts including the
oil inlet and outlet pipes during disassembly to facilitate
Wash all parts in clean fuel oil and dry them with
reassembly of the pump.
Examine the gear cavity in the pump body and the drive
shaft bushings. If the driven gear bushings are worn,
1. Remove the oil pump inlet pipe (19) with the screen
replace the bushings. Service replacement bushings in
cover and mounting brackets.
the driven gears must be reamed after assembly.
Bushings used with the .499" diameter
2. Remove the oil pressure regulator and the oil pump
outlet pipe (15) as an assembly from the pump body
3. Remove the four bolts and lock washers securing the
cover to the oil pump body (3).
4. Remove the valve plugs (37) and copper gaskets
(36) from each side of the pump body, and jar the
5. Remove the pump driven gear (22) from the driven
gear shaft (24).
6. Straighten the lip of the lock washer (84) and
unscrew the bolt (83) thus freeing the idler gear (56).
Fig. 5 - Removing Oil Pump Drive Gear form Shaft.