fuel pump is bolted to the blower. The pump is driven
by a drive disc at the rear of the blower lower rotor.
Install the pump as follows: 1. Affix a new gasket to the
pump body mounting flange. Then place the drive
coupling fork on the square end of the drive shaft.
2. Place the fuel pump against the blower, being certain
that the drive coupling fork registers with the slots in the
drive disc on the blower rotor shaft.
3. Secure the pump to the blower with three nylon patch
NOTE: To provide improved sealing against leakage,
nylon patch bolts are used in place of the former bolt
and seal assemblies.
4. If removed, install the fuel inlet and outlet fittings in
the pump cover.
5. Connect the inlet and outlet fuel lines to the fuel
6. Connect the fuel pump drain tube, if used, to the
Fig. 10 Installing Drive Shaft and Gear Assembly
7. If the fuel pump is replaced or rebuilt, prime the fuel
system before starting the engine using tool J 5956.
This will prevent the possibility of pump seizure upon