Yoke bar detent spring (item 19) and
spacer (item 20) will fly out, when
cover is removed. Be alert to this and
remove cover carefully. Remove
detent ball (item 18), spring and
spacer. Remove yoke bar (item 25)
and yoke (item 24), bar seal (item 40)
and retainer (item 41).
(8) Remove main shaft bearing cover bolts
(item 42) at rear of transmission case and remove cover
(9) Pull output shaft sharply to the rear
knocking off pilot ball bearing and sliding gear (item 23).
(10) Remove sliding gear and pilot bearing
FIGURE 10. Removing Rear Main Shaft Bearing
The drive gear bearing retaining nut
is a left hand thread. Turn clockwise
to remove, counterclockwise to
(16) Press off the bearing from drive gear, if
replacement is contemplated. (See Figure 9.)
(17) Press rear main shaft bearing off of shaft.
This bearing need not be removed, unless replacement
is desired. (See Figure 10.)
(18) If replacement of countershaft rear
bearing is required, remove snap ring (item 37) from
rear of shaft and press off bearing. (See Figure 11.)
FIGURE 9. Removing Drive Gear Bearing
(11) Remove bearing covers (items 12 and 39)
from front and rear counter shaft bearings (items 14 and
(12) With a small cape chisel remove the
stake metal from the nut on the front of countershaft
(item 35), where it has been driven into groove of shaft.
Hold or lock countershaft and remove this nut (item 13).
Nut thread is right hand. Clockwise to tighten.
(13) With a soft punch or drift knock the
countershaft rearward, through the gears and spacer.
(14) Remove the gears (item 32 and 34) and
spacer (item 33) from the transmission case.
FIGURE 11. Removing Countershaft Rear Bearing
(15) Place the main drive gear (item 11) in a
soft jawed vice and remove bearing retaining nut (item