ROTOR TINE REPLACEMENT
DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY OF
THE END DRIVE CHAIN CASE (Fig. 3)
The machine should be brought into a shop with adequate
1. Loosen tine clamp nuts (V) to allow tine clamp
working facilities and tools. The following instructions are
(W) clearance from rotor tube.
offered as a guide in making the end drive repairs.
2. Remove by pulling tine (X) away from rotor tube.
1. Raise hood to its fullest extent and block crane in
this position as a safety precaution.
1. Position bevel edge of tine (X) opposite of stop
2. Place blocking under the rotor drive differential so
lock and insert tine between clamp (W) and rotor tube. Be
when the rotor is removed, the end cases will not fall.
sure slots in tine are fully seated over tine bolts (Y).
3. Remove six cap screws (A) each side, holding end
2. Tighten clamp nuts (V).
shaft (B) to rotor end plates. Roll rotor away from end
END DRIVE CHAIN CASES
4. Remove covers (C), (D) and (E) from case being
REMOVAL OF ROTOR FROM END DRIVE CHAIN
careful not to damage gaskets. This will expose portions of
CASES (Fig. 3, View 4)
the chain (F) and drive sprocket (G).
The machine should be setting on a hard level surface.
5. Turn the universal rotor drive shaft manually until
Raise the hood to its fullest extent and block crane in this
the chain connecting links are exposed thru opening at
position as a safety precaution. Place blocking under
cover position (C).
Drive out connecting link pins.
each end case to retain cases from falling after rotor is
Remove chain from rear sprocket.
6. Before removing bearing housing (H), match mark
1. Remove twelve 5/8" x 1 3/4 cap screws (A), (six
housing with end case so when the bearing housing is
each side), holding rotor end shaft (B) to the outer tine
reassembled to the chain case, it will go on in the same
plates (BB) and (CC).
position. Remove cap screws (J) from housing (H).
2. Move rotor back, away from mixer.
Bearing housing (H) has an eccentric
If cap screws (A) need to be replaced,
set of holes. This permits tightening of
these cap screws are Nyloc 3/8" x 1
the chain after chain is reinstalled by
3/4" H. C. -H. T. (U. N. C.). Do not use
rotating housing and before securing
housing to the end case. Pull entire
end shaft assembly from end case.