Fig. 10 Installation of Cam Followers
CAUTION: Do not bend the fuel pipes
and do not exceed the specified torque.
Excessive tightening will twist or
fracture the flared ends of the fuel pipes
and result in leaks.
diluted by fuel oil can cause serious
Fig. 9. Valve and Injector Operating Mechanism
7. Fill the cooling system.
and Relative Location of Parts
2. If removed, install the cylinder head on the engine
3. If removed, install the fuel injectors.
4. Apply clean engine oil to the rocker arm shaft and
slide the shaft through the rocker arms. Then place a
bracket over each end of the shaft, with the finished
face of the bracket next to the rocker arm.
5. Insert the rocker arm bracket bolts through the
brackets and the shaft.
Tighten the bolts to the
6. Align the fuel pipes and connect them to the injectors
and fuel connectors. Tighten the fuel pipe nuts to 12-15
Ib-ft (16-20 Nm) torque using socket J 8932-01.
Fig. 11. Checking Cam Follower to Guide