(5) Remove the gear cover spacer and gear
Figure 3-14. Gear cover spacer removal.
Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with cleaning solvent.
Gasket and Engine Supports
(2) Inspect all parts for wear and damage.
Replace worn or damaged parts.
c. Installation. Install the timing gears and gear
(2) Drain engine oil (refer to current
cover spacer in reverse of instructions in subparagraph a
(3) Position the engine assembly in a suitable
Note. In reassembly, allow 003 inch to .004 inch
clearance between idler and shaft collar.