ME 3895-342-12/4-10 C1
Figure 4-10. Flywheel and flywheel shroud removal.
(4) Remove the capscrew, washer, valve
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
tappet cover, and gasket from the engine (fig. 4-
(1) Clean all parts with a cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for wear or damage.
(5) Remove the spark plug from No. 1
Replace worn or damaged parts.
c. Installation. Install the flywheel and flywheel
(6) Adjust the valve tappets as shown in
shroud in reverse of instructions of a above.
4-14. Valve Tappets Adjustment
positions, engine cold. the clearance should be
0.008 inch for the inlet and 0.016 inch for the
a. General. The tappets lift the valves in
proper sequence with the wiring order of the engine
(7) Install the spark plug in No. 1 cylinder
(1, 3, 4, 2). The tappets are lifted by lobes on the
camshaft. The tappets are adjustable and have a
(8) Install the gasket. valve tappet cover.
lockscrew to retain adjustment.
(9) Install the cylinder air shrouds (para 4-
(2) Remove the screws securing the
(3) Remove the cylinder air shrouds (para
Change 1 4-8