2. OIL CAN POINTS. Each 50 hours lubricate throttle and governor linkage, yoke pins, pivot pins, door
hinges, fasteners, control linkage, clevises and all exposed adjusting threads with OE/HDO. Each 250
hours clean and coat tachometer drive cable with OE/HDO.
3. ENGINE OIL LEVEL HOT OR COLD CHECK. Cold engine, oil level should be at high mark on
dipstick. Hot engine, oil level must be between high and low marks on dipstick (allow to set 5 minutes
4. ENGINE. Oil is to be changed each 50 hours. Drain when lubricant is warm.
5. ENGINE OIL FILTER. Each 50 hours, remove filter element, clean housing and install new filter
element. After installing new filter element, fill crankcase, operate engine for 5 minutes, check housing
for leaks, check crankcase oil level and bring to "FULL" mark. In extremely dusty conditions, change
filter element each time the oil is changed.
6. STARTING MOTOR. Starting motor has sealed bearings. No lubrication is required.
7. AIR CLEANER. Each 10 hours, refill reservoir to level mark. Each 50 hours disassemble entire unit,
clean, re-oil and assemble. In extremely dusty conditions, clean and re-oil each 10 operating hours.
8. GEAR REDUCTION Check level each 50 hours. Change gear lubricant only when required by
maintenance repair action, contamination by water, or other foreign material. After refill, operate for five
minutes, check for leaks and bring oil level to level plug opening.
9. WHEEL BEARINGS. Each 100 hours, remove wheels, clean and inspect all parts, replace damaged
or worn parts, repack bearings, and assemble.
10. THREE-WAY WATER VALVE. Each 10 hours tighten button type fitting with wrench to force
lubricant into valve. When grease is exhausted, remove fit" sing, inspect stick lubricant, replace fit" ting
11. LUBRICANTS. The following is a list of lubricants with military symbols and applicable specification
(SD), Type II P-D-680
Copy of this Lubrication Order will remain with the equipment at all times, instructions contained herein
By order of the Secretary of the Army:
JOHN A. WICKHAM, JR.
General, United States Army
Chief of Staff
ROBERT M. JOYCE
Major General, United States Army
The Adjutant General
To be distributed in accordance with DA Form 12-25B, Operator and Organizational
requirements for Concrete Mixers.
*U.S. GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE: 1984-420-903/210
CARD 5 of 5